How to organise playing out sessions on your street
Author: Playing Out and Play Wales
Date: January 2019
This manual and supporting materials aim to support parents when organising play sessions on their street.
Based on the experience of parents and residents across the UK, the manual is a step-by step guide to organising street play sessions. It is accompanied by a range of downloadable supporting materials:
- 10 good reasons for street play
- Playing Out leaflet
- Street play steward lanyards
- Street play steward briefing
- Street play car notice template
- Street play confirmation flyer template
- Street play closure dates letter template
- Street play neighbours meeting letter template
- Street play risk assessment template.
We worked with Playing Out, a parent and resident-led movement working to promote street play. This is a version of Playing Out’s manual for residents in Wales.