Information for parents
Play Wales’ Playful Childhoods campaign aims to help parents, carers and community groups provide more opportunities for children to play at home and in their neighbourhoods.
The campaign has its own website. This aims to:
- Help parents and carers understand how to give children time, space and support to play at home and in their local community
- Support local groups and town and community councils in providing play friendly neighbourhoods in their areas
- Provide resources for professionals to use in their work with children and families.
The Playful Childhoods website provides:
- Practical ideas about giving children time, space and stuff they can play with
- Top tips, ‘how to’ guides and ideas to help support children’s play
- Information on how to raise awareness about the importance of play.
The Playful parenting section of the website gives helpful reminders, ideas and tips about play for all children.
The Playful communities section contains a range of information and tips to help groups consider children’s play in their community.
The website also features a blog which is regularly updated with the latest information about the Playful Childhoods campaign along with guest articles.