The Children’s Commissioner for Wales, Rocio Cifuentes, has launched a Wales-wide survey of children, young people, professionals who work with them, parents and carers, to find out what key areas of work she should focus on.
The Ambitions for Wales survey will inform the Commissioner’s three-year plan. This means that the voices of children and young people will directly influence the work carried out by the Commissioner over the next few years.
There are several versions of the survey, aimed at meeting different participants’ needs. These are:
- children aged 2 to 3 years old
- children aged 4 to 7 years old
- children aged 7 to 11 years old
- young people aged 12 to 18 years old (or looked-after young people aged up to 25 years old)
- an easy read adaptation with symbols/pictures
- pupils with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD)
- d/Deaf children and young people who use British Sign Language (BSL)
- parents and carers
- professionals working with and for children and young people.
Closing date for completing the survey: 11 November 2022.
After the survey closes, the responses will be collated and analysed, and published in early 2023.