This issue of our magazine highlights examples of children having access to playful moments in a range of places – from public spaces, to family attractions such as zoos and museums, to places of uncertainty like hospitals and adult prisons.
The Playful places issue includes:
- Guest Editorial written by our new Chairperson, Keith Towler
- Celebrating the anniversary of General Comment no. 17
- Creating resilient play spaces written by Cartrefi Conwy’s Landscape Designer, Matt Stowe
- Research and experimentation at Chester Zoo, written by Ludicology’s Mike Barclay and Ben Tawil
- Play as medicine, written by Starlight’s Head of Play, Laura Walsh
- Creating play friendly museums and attractions in Monmouthshire, written by Karin Molson and Rachael Rogers for MonLife Heritage
- Prisoners’ children design outside play area, written by Invisible Walls Family Services’ Hayley Morris and Julie Williams
- Wild Camp project – an example of a playful community in Blaenau Gwent.