Early Years and Children’s Rights
9:30am - 12:30pm
Children in Wales
This half-day course is aimed at practitioners working with children under 7 years old or with their families in a range of settings. These include childcare settings, family support, play work, outdoor and arts activities.
Attendees will have an opportunity to explore the meaning of child-centred work in practice. The session will enable people to understand where children’s rights come from, how they impact on different areas of work, and the policy and legal processes that support the implementation of child rights.
- understand what the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) is and how it is implemented in Wales.
- have an overview of the early years political context and processes in Wales.
- identification of the key policy drivers and national priorities for the early years
- understand how key areas of work within your organisation fit into the main policy areas concerning early years.
- understand how the voice of the child is heard in the early years.
This course is funded by the Welsh Government.