The Children in Need Core Costs funding stream is to support the essential organisational and administrative spending of charities and not-for-profit organisations working with children and young people aged 18 or under in the UK.
The funding can be spent on an organisation’s central day-to-day operations. These might include, for example:
- management and administration
- HR and payroll
- general office expenses
- accountancy and audit
- communications and outreach
- monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- governance, regulatory, and compliance costs.
The people and organisations eligible for the fund will be:
- working with children and young people aged 18 years and under
- working in the heart of their communities, particularly in times of crisis
- putting children and young people at the centre of everything they do, from design to delivery
- addressing challenges faced by children and young people, building their skills and resilience
- empowering children and young people, and extending their choices in life
- keen to keep learning about and developing their work with children and young people
- committed to making a difference in children and young people’s live.
Applicants to this programme can apply for grants for up to three years. The scheme organisers aim to give quicker decisions for grants of £15,000 or less per year.
Applications to this grant scheme are not time limited.