Children’s Rights and Participation for Young People Aged 11-25
9:30am - 3:30pm
Children in Wales
The aim of this one-day course is to give participants a firm grounding in theory and practice, offering practical techniques to increase young people’s participation in their work. This includes participation with individual young people and extending their involvement in organisational decision-making.
- gain an understanding of children and young peoples’ rights in the Welsh context
- explore what ‘participation’ means for young people of different ages
- have an understanding of the legislation and guidance supporting young person centred work
- gain skills for working with young people
- examine barriers to participation and possible solutions
- understand how to set up and run a youth forum
- develop an individual action plan for you to take this work forward.
The training encourages a wide mix of people from different sectors and regions coming together in the same session to share experiences and learn from others.
This course is funded by the Welsh Government.